Friday, October 4, 2013

Endless Possibilities

   It's been an insane couple of weeks. Many changes have come my way. I lost my job, started this blog, went to Europe, got engaged and now in the less than a week that we have been home, I have nearly planned the entire wedding, lost the 8 vacation pounds I packed on, applied for 22 jobs and even got myself a part time job while I am looking. I also found other creative ways to make a little cash in the meantime by signing up for a research company who pays folks to go to focus groups, taste tests and opinion polls. I have been researching how to make money on my words here through my blog ( ah,hem...please register to follow me on this blog by the way) and I have signed up to see if any of my photography is worth buying. I signed up for the next available volunteer class for the Humane Society and am toying with the idea of hanging "dog walker" flyers in my apartment complex.
   I complain sometimes about my inability to relax, but I am not quite sure I know how to. Maybe I enjoy the constant go go go of being busy.
   This wedding is so exciting I'd rather get it all planned out now so I can enjoy it all during and later. After all, I have only thought about this day a trazillion billion times.
   The quest for a job or at least ways to bring in some cash flow are because I cannot just simply not earn my keep- my pride won't allow it. We have been smart with our money so no real danger or worry is present, but it's beside the point in my eyes. Plus I just enjoy working. I also like to prove that jobs are out there...for all those who say there aren't.  I applied, interviewed and accepted a part-time job all in a matter of 3 days this week. It can be done. I'd rather have a little money I earned than a hand out or nothing at all.
   I am interested to see if my creativity and outlets can turn into a business where I am my own boss. Maybe my silly words are just for me, but I think maybe there are others who feel like I do and might take comfort from the words of a nobody who refuses to be a nobody. I feel the same way about my photographs...I take pictures of food, travel, my dog...the front yard! Life is captured in a photo diary of sorts, but yet,  I still always seem to google an image at least once a day. Maybe my images might be what someone else is looking for too!
   Volunteering just seems natural with time on my hands and I cannot think of anything that means more to me than what the Humane Society does. Be the voice for those who don't have one. Care for those who cannot care for themselves and help the helpless. I wanted to get in this week with the cold snap approaching, but classes are full until after the 8th...that means other people are volunteering too so that brings warmth to my animal-loving heart.
   The point of my rambling is that possibilities are everywhere! Whether it be personal goals, career paths, charity, time, events or dealing with just another day...you are the captain of your own ship. There are always opportunities all around and while clouds may be present- they always have a silver lining. There is always something to be thankful for, fortunate about and something to go after. Bad situations or times are just the fuel you need to drive to the good that's waiting around the corner.  Being busy is being happy...being active...taking advantage of what every day has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. I do so enjoy your Blogs and look forward to each one. You really have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog too. I am not biased at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO THE ROUNDS
    I SAW YOUR SIGHT FOR MY FIRST TIME AND IT LOOKS NET THE WAY YOU HAVE IT. HI WE NEVER SEEN EACH OTHER BUT I WANT TO SHURE THIS WITH YOU OUR MOM WAS A ROUNDS TO.

    ReplyDelete